Dogs Australia subscribes to the principles set out in the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles which govern the handling of personal information. In particular where Dogs Australia obtains personal information from persons using its website, such as names, addresses, telephone numbers and other contact details:-
- Dogs Australia will not disclose that information to third parties unless ordered to do so by Court Order or with your prior written consent.
- Dogs Australia will only use that personal information for the purpose of providing you with information considered by Dogs Australia to be relevant to you or with direct marketing material.
- Such personal information may be stored in both hard copy and electronic format at the office of Dogs Australia and will only be accessible to Dogs Australia staff in the course of their employment for the purposes referred to in 1 and 2 above.
- All reasonable endeavours will be made to ensure the confidentiality of this personal information.
- The records containing such personal information will be destroyed when Dogs Australia considers it is no longer necessary to retain them or if you make a written request to Dogs Australia.